January 28, 2021
With us still in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, I just wanted to share some things I do to protect my clients during their photography session.
1. Wear PPE. As a reminder, COVID-19 can be passed on even when a person is asymptomatic. The best practice to implement is always wearing a mask during photo shoots. I will be wearing a mask during client sessions.
2. Sanitize my equipment. I take the time to sanitize my equipment between each session the best I can. I will wipe my gear down with disinfectant wipes.
3. Minimize back of the camera sneak peeks. I love doing back of the camera sneak peeks. Almost nothing is better than taking fire images during photo shoots, showing them to the client, and the client loving them. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is best to limit this.
4. Air fist bumps only! If a client is a hand shaker or a hugger, this one could be difficult. I want the client to feel like family and one way I do that is to greet them with a hug or a handshake. Unfortunately, with the way this virus is spread, we have to limit our physical contact. We’ll make air fist bumps a trend until things get more back to normal lol.
5. Limit the number of people at the session. I know we will all be playing catch-up with our senior graduation, birthday themed portraits, family sessions, and more, but it is absolutely necessary that we limit the number of people showing up during client sessions. If it is a senior session, it is perfectly okay for the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) to attend. I simply ask that they maintain their distance during the session until they need to be in the photos. Overall, I only want the client to show up to their session.
6. Only accept online payments. My CRM allows my clients to pay online so they don’t have to worry about meeting up to pay me. This way, there is less physical contact between me and the client.
So there you have it. These are six things I do
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW